Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Information Management Assistant assists in the production, collection and dissemination of information on UNHCR population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme/Field information, based on standards and systems developed at Country Office level. The incumbent compiles data on populations of concern and on programmatic activities of UNHCR partners. S/he also supports the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
Contacts are mainly with UNHCR colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss workplans. External contacts may be with UNHCR partners and - more limitedly - with the Protection Sector partners, in consultation with the Protection Officer and the Assistant Protection Officer.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in compiling and aggregating information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data and assist producing summary statistics.
- Assist in the collection of relevant information data from UNHCR Protection and other partners, in coordination with the relevant Units in the Office.
- Liaise with partners and review relevant data and information produced.
- Assist UNHCR Protection team in developing and implementing data collection plans and instruments (i.e. needs assessment, response monitoring) for baseline and context-specific information needs.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR and Protection Sector data and information with partner agencies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining database management systems.
- Liaise with UNHCR partners and Sector partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G4 - 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Information Systems Economy
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of mapping applications.
- Knowledge of English and Spanish.