The IM Associate will generate periodic statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts, and tables as required by the management. In addition, s/he will support the production and dissemination of but not limited to Protection, Cash-based Intervention (CBI), Reintegration, Programme, and External Relations information products.
Backup and archive database systems, secure databases in use, and maintain record/document on a routine basis as core responsibilities of the associate.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of IM Officer, the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics.
- Support the coordination of data collection teams.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and professional experience
- Completion of High School Diploma or higher
- Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
- For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Information Technology; Statistics; Social Sciences; HCR Operatnl Dta Mgmt Lrng Prg;
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.