Information Management Consultant
Closing Date for Applications:
Background and Organizational Context
DIST is seeking an Information management consultant to produce IM products and interface with the Global Data Service in support of the delivery of an information management project for the IT Emergency Preparedness & Response Section (EPRS) of UNHCR.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Individual Consultant will work in close collaboration with Global IT Emergency Coordinator in IT Emergency Preparedness & Response Section, DIST, Copenhagen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation and operationalization of the EPRS-specific Information Management strategy. (by end of December 2020)
- Compile, aggregate and analyze data and information elements required to produce Power BI dashboard products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data. (by September 2020)
- Design data collection forms using standard UNHCR corporate tools and streamline the flow of data to automate the data entry process. (by September 2020)
- Train EPRS staff on the use of data collection forms, how to enter data, and how to analyze it. (by December 2020, January 2021)
- Create Information Management related to dashboards, infographics, and reports for an internal and external audience. (by December 2020)
- Train the EPRS team on Information Management best practices. (by January 2021)
- Create a handover document to ensure the sustainability of data collection, analysis and reporting. (by January 2021)
Essential Minimum Educational Level, Qualifications and Professional Experience
- University degree in science, Bachelor of Arts, or any related area;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience with a university degree or 2 years of relevant work experience with a post-graduate university degree preferably in the area of research and analytical skills, experience in information, data and website management.
- Knowledge of the wider humanitarian system, the range of different actors who impact UNHCR’s work, and the opportunities for partnership that exist.
- Up to date and broad knowledge of Information Management products and services.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the United Nations, its scope of operations, mandate, policy priorities, administrative procedures, culture would be an asset.