Information Management Officer
UNICEF, Khartoum, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Information Management officer will:
- Ensure the technical leadership for UNICEF in identification and localization/GIS Mapping of vulnerable children affected by emergency and disasters, using available information from surveys and routine and administrative data collection, centralization and mapping for situational monitoring for better preparedness, targeting and coordination of effective development interventions and humanitarian response
- support Sections and closely work with the IM officers in FOE sections to support Cluster Coordinators in data collection and management of humanitarian information and iii) support Sudan’s Country Office establishment of an effective functioning decentralized monitoring system by enabling centralization of performance data;
- performing the multi sector mapping of basic social services at community, locality and State level.
- support the validation of data for performance monitoring from sector Line Ministries Management Information Systems for Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education and CP.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Develop the accessible electronic information storage system for accurate, up-to-date information on the situation of children and for tracking CP and HRP results using UNICEF supported software providing back-up options and disaster recovery.
- Conduct validation exercises to ensure that UNICEF recorded information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, and ready for re-use.
- Support for transparency, accountability through enhanced ability to provide timely, accurate and complete inputs for reviews, corporate reporting requirements and audits.
- Improved information sharing within UNICEF and for partners using interactive dashboards for ease of decision making ; and saving staff time and effort needed to find and report this information.
- Strengthen the capacity of UNICEF staff at federal and state levels in data collection, storage and reporting using innovative and efficient methods of data collection, information processing, and application as required.
- in identification and localization/GIS Mapping of vulnerable children affected by emergency and disasters, using available information from surveys and routine and administrative data collection, centralization and mapping for situational monitoring for better preparedness, targeting and coordination of effective development interventions and humanitarian response
- In coordination with Sections Heads, M&E Specialist and sector IMO, support the strengthening of Sector Line Ministries Management Information Systems for timely availability of sector routine data and ensure routine data collection, centralization and mapping of quantitative and qualitative monitoring of UNICEF and partners programmes & interventions for adequate consistency of data for better performance management of progress against expected outputs and outcomes into VISION-RAM (the Results Assessment Module), Donors Reporting and SitRep.Support humanitarian cluster information management coordination for UNICEF led by sector clusters ensuring technical guidance and coordination of sector IMO in collaboration with OCHA, other UN agencies, HACT, NGOs, etc.
- Support UNICEF led clusters in completion of assessments, information management activities as necessary in coordination with Cluster Coordinators and Cluster Information Management.
- Support Field Offices and State to strengthen Information Management System for regular administrative data collection, centralization, mapping and sharing for better decentralized humanitarian situation monitoring, responses plan, mapping of prioritized localities and communities (mapping of village data) for prioritization of the most disadvantaged children, etc.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Data sciences, Computer Science or Information Management or related technical field.
- A minimum of three years of professional work experience in Information and Management including data analysis and management.
- Experience in GIS is required.
- Experience in an international organization working for Sudan is desirable
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.