The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide assistance with a rights-based approach to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees and migrants. DRC is currently looking for a highly qualified person for the information management area who, with his or her management, will support DRC's Comprehensive Action Against Mines program in the Department of Caquetá.
DRC has been present in Colombia since 2011, focused on capacity building, creating mine action programs and supporting conflict-affected populations in the south of the country.
General objective of the position
Provide support to report information, manage data and solve basic IT needs in the Mine Action Unit - DRC.
- Field work (information capture monitoring, topographic survey, photo control points, take aerial photographs).
- Management of geographic information systems GIS.
- Specialization data, collected for each of the DRC programs.
- Knowledge and management of world reference systems.
- Preparation of cartography.
- Preserve alphanumeric databases of running DRC programs.
- Registration of data and variables in the database.
- Support team leaders in database application technical concepts.
- Provide support to colleagues in technical problems related to databases or information management in general, including training on how to use the information structure.
- Generate monitoring reports and formats for the presentation of data already collected and make backups of information.
- Manage online tools to access, collect and manage information such as Qfield / Kobo / ODK etc.
- Verify the integrity of the data uploaded to the database.
- Manage physical resources, keep them safe, updated and working correctly with the forms created in the different tools that the organization manages.
- Secure information on the beneficiaries, consolidating the database one by one, identifying gaps and following up with the team leaders.
- Application of technical techniques and procedures to program data.
- In line with DRC's operational procedures, keep data protected and confidential.
- Technologist or professional in Cadastral and Geodesy Engineering, Topographic Engineering, Geography, Cartography, Information Management, Earth Sciences or equivalent.
Required experience and skills .
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in topographic surveys, information management, databases, mapping and / or web development.
- Management and knowledge of surveying equipment (desirable).
- Experience in geographic information systems.
- Expert level of Excel handling (Tables, Pivot Tables, PowerQuery and Data Sources).
- Experience and knowledge in data analysis.
- English: intermediate knowledge.