Information Resources and Services Assistant (Records and Archives)
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- To assist the Information Resources and Services Unit in the management of ADB’s records and archives in electronic and paper formats in accordance with ADB guidelines and policies.
Archives Organization, Maintenance and Conservation
- Assists in maintaining the archives storage repository to ensure that it is secure, clean, orderly, and temperature and humidity controlled.
- Helps in organizing the archives and maintains the records through the identification, acquisition, appraisal, arrangement and description, conversion, and provision of access to archival records.
- Electronic Records and Documents Organization
- Assists in the content management and implementation of an electronic records management system (ERMS) and its components, including the preparation of file plan that covers identifying record materials, file structure and classification, restriction, retention and disposition schedule.
- Provides inputs in developing taxonomy to ensure consistency and adherence to approved classification and naming conventions.
- Serves as liaison between the systems developers in OIST and the users of the ERMS in developing and designing the system to facilitate upload, search and retrieval of electronic records.
- Executes the tests scenarios for ERMS that are created by OIST, evaluates the results of these tests and reports the findings to facilitate needed improvements in the system.
Records and Documents Retrieval
- Assists in the search and retrieval of records and documents as requested by the Management and staff taking into account restriction policies. Updates and maintains records database/s to facilitate search and retrieval of documents.
Records Management Audit
- Supports the records management audits of departments/offices and, if necessary, RMs/ROs to ensure compliance with the ADB records management standards.
- Conducts periodic checks on uploaded files to verify status, classification and retention schedule and coordinates with concerned staff/departments on their adherence to the approved Records Retention and Disposition Schedule and File Plan. Creates and updates folders in the ERMS to harmonize structure and format.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned or reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
- Bachelor's degree in library science, computer science, information technology, information management discipline or related field.
- At least 5 years experience in information management
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of ADB’s records management system, policies and procedures
- Sound working knowledge of digital imaging and electronic documents conversion processes
- Sound working knowledge of ADB’s ISO 14001/EHSMS 18001 best practices particularly on records management
- Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good command of written and spoken English