Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Are you an experienced Information Security professional looking for an exciting new challenge?
Have you built or contributed to web application development, cloud-based infrastructure, and risk & compliance management in a global environment?
Are you looking for a way to harness your work to contribute directly to solving some of the world’s largest problems?
We could be the place for you!
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our existing Information Security team.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Information Security Analyst who can help to identify and reduce risk throughout its broad technical estate and range of information assets, as well as support a range of tasks relating to risk, data protection, compliance, and cyber-security.
- You will bring experience of complex environments, technical security experience in systems engineering, software development, and networking, and an understanding of risk and compliance management.
- You will be pragmatic, self-starting, a strong communicator, and keen to support and protect humanitarian programming, UK fundraising, and campaigning in some of the world’s most challenging locations.
This role joins a strong existing team and will give you an opportunity to grow in your practice and skills, work with a vast range of suppliers and stakeholders, and tackle a diverse range of security challenges you will not experience in any other workplace.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this rewarding and multi-faceted role please apply through the following link:
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.