Information Technology Associate
FHI 360, Maiduguri, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
The IT Associate will provide support and maintenance to the Borno State Office computer equipment and network infrastructure to ensure stable operations. S/he will assist the IT Officer in implementing new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity and will maintain/support implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting Server Systems and Networks, automated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business applications to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT “housekeeping” functions.
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products, and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, databases and websites.
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Assist in providing IT training on a periodic basis to project staff as assigned by manager.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all data on the servers.
- Ensure communication devices (mobile phones, walkie talkies, CODAN radios, satellite phones) are working properly.
- Ensure timely updates to Server and Client Systems. Study and apply Security patches and other updates or service packs as required by supervisor.
- Provide on-going training to end-users and update of user manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel on hardware and software needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server administration and Networking including Active Directory, Network Services - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS) etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and performance monitor applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Engineering, Software Development, Analysis, Project Management and Database development. Strong Competency in developing and debugging applications in languages/platforms including but not limited to C#, ASP.Net, PHP, Microsoft SQL, MySQL etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of web based, client/server and mobile applications.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
- VSAT experience is preferred.