Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship is centered on assisting Office for Administrative Services at The International Seabed Authority's (ISA) by providing support to further expansion and deployment of ERP.
The minimum period for this position is for two months with an opportunity for extension pending on the needs of the office. Selections will be made on a rolling basis.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of the Unit Chief. The following responsibilities can be adapted, as appropriate, to fit each intern.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to ISA premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
This opportunity is designed for an intern to work with a range of experienced administrative professionals.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify workflows and assess requirements for clients;
- Help facilitate an understanding of client needs and identify, test solutions;
- Research, identify, and test tools and resources to support analysis of various data sources;
- Collect and clean data and information;
- Help develop procedures and guidance for the continued use of selected tools;
- Generate information graphics to support decision makers in their understanding of workflows and data;
- Participate in information management discussions and the design of sustainable visualization solutions, including templates and icons;
- Liaise with relevant in-house and external partners as necessary or requested by the Unit;
- Identify and communicate with potential partners on areas of shared interest;
- Provide other assistance as needed.
To qualify for an internship within the Office for Administrative Services of The International Seabed Authority Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Information Technology or related field (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Information Technology or related field (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Information Technology or related field (as defined in or above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard word processing and spreadsheets software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel or similar.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English or French are the working languages of ISA. For the internship advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.