Intern - Graphic Design
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Incheon, South Korea
Closing Date for Applications:
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT) was inaugurated on 16 June 2006 as a regional institute of Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), and is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea. Guided by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and other internationally agreed development goals, the Centre’s objective is to build and strengthen the capacity of members and associate members of ESCAP to leverage information and communication (ICT) for the purpose of socio-economic development. APCICT’s work is focused on training, knowledge sharing, and multi-stakeholder dialogue and partnership.
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (UN-APCICT/ESCAP) internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, pending on the needs of the department.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The intern will work directly with the Programme Officer. The intern will assist APCICT’s advocacy and promotional activities to raise the Centre’s visibility. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake design assignments for a variety of APCICT activities (e.g., conferences, events and campaigns, etc.)
- Help design various information materials, including publication covers, presentation templates, flyers, infographics and social media visuals;
- Provide assistance in shooting and editing film videos, mix sound and slideshows, if required;
- Assisting in checking the website for broken pages or pages that are inconsistent with the design of the website;
- Proposing new projects for the website and social media platforms and identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience;
- Assist in the organization and execution of special events to mark UN observances, or exhibitions;
- Initiate and carry out assigned tasks/special projects.
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final
- academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.