FHI 360 seeks an Internal Auditor to conduct risk-based internal financial, operational, and compliance audits of projects and field offices. This role participates in risk assessment activities by gathering data and performing analysis. The auditor is a member of an audit team that completes all phases of the internal audit process, including planning, field work, reporting, and monitoring. Based on the findings and observations, this position develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management, makes recommendations to improve controls, and monitors the status of implementation. Knowledge of U.S. Government rules and regulations preferred. French language fluency strongly preferred.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes compliance risk data as part of annual risk assessment and engagement-based assessment.
- Reviews financial and operational information to develop a risk-based audit scope.
- Performs process and document reviews and attribute testing to evaluate internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Meets with the internal clients and stakeholders to discuss potential risks, audit results, and action plans.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conducts investigations of irregularities discovered by internal and external auditor reviews.
- Conducts compliance trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with general principles and process involved in conducting an internal audit.
- Familiar with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Title 2 Code of Federal Regulations Part 200) regulations.
- Accounting, Audit, Finance and/or other related field certifications (i.e., CIA; CPA; CFE) preferred.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting software preferred.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- French language fluency strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and recognizes routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
- Develops solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
- Explains basic accounting and internal audit trends and variations from prior periods, budget and/or forecast.
- Resolves basic issues related to internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Proactively communicates and obtains guidance.
- Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Provides recommendations with issues and processes to make departmental improvements.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- 3 - 5 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in an internal audit role.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) and/or international development field experience preferred.
Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.