Internal & External Vacancy: Donor Relations Officer
UNICEF, N'Djamena, Chad
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
How can you make a difference?
Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
Resource Mobilization Support
- Global and country level fundraising activities are supported by effective advocacy and resource mobilization activities in line with the Fundraising Strategy.
- In collaboration with the programme sections, develop fundraising proposals for the country office in line with the Fundraising strategy. Work with programme sections to ensure quality funding proposals are developed, which include SMART and realistic proposed activities, objectives, target groups, expected results, indicators, timeline for implementation and budget.
- Undertake research to keep up-to-date donor profiles and inform the sections of funding opportunities.
- Support advocacy linked to corporate engagement and donor communication, and optimize the opportunities for the country office’s advocacy for prospective partnerships or funding opportunities.
- Work with relevant sections to ensure that quality communication and visibility materials as required by donors are developed and/or distributed as relevant
- Serve as the Secretariat of the Fundraising Taskforce and support the organisation of the meetings.
- Contribute to ensure UNICEF Chad has a clear donor engagement strategy and ensure that partnerships are enhanced.
- Produce advocacy and fundraising materials (e.g. briefing notes, fact sheets, concept notes, proposals, Partnerships updates for the website) that meet the country and global standards.
- Conduct donor report/update quality control to ensure conformity with the proposal, funds utilization and planned results. Review, edit and advise on layout and contents of the donor reports in cooperation with programme sections.
- Ensure programme sections and field offices are kept up-to-date with donor requirements and follow up as required. Organize training to improve staff capacity on donor reporting and knowledge management.
- Support collaboration with the regional office and HQ in order to produce materials which are aligned with regional and global priorities.
- Maintain the documentation database in the shared drive/ECM for all partnerships materials including proposals, donor reports, communication with the donors, etc.
- Recommend established contacts, networks, resources and processes to support advocacy and fundraising activities.
- Assist in the monitoring of key partnerships performance indicators.
Partnerships and key events
- Contribute to enhancing collaboration with partners.
- Help establish, document, review and refine process of working collaboratively with partners, including meetings, joints projects, information sharing, etc.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen partnerships through appropriate events, missions, information sharing, etc.
- Maintain and update partner contact lists/database.
- Support overall donor relations including meeting with donors, preparation of background information materials for donor visits.
- Support field offices during donor and other missions to the field in collaboration with the Communications and programme sections.
- Assist in compiling, producing and disseminating mandatory UNICEF reports, including the annual report.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in International Relations, Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
- At least two years practical professional work experience in donor relations, reporting, communication or related field. International and national work experience. Background/familiarity with emergency situations.
- Strong demonstrated experience in reporting/editing required. Proven ability to synthesize and powerfully convey messages and good knowledge and understanding of UNICEF programmatic work and principles will be an advantage.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.