Crown Agents, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
About the role
The Finance function’s role is to provide a complete accounting and financial management service to enable the Board and Management to meet statutory requirements and exercise effective financial control over the Crown Agents businesses.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the International Financial Accountant this role is responsible for maintaining and delivering accurate and timely International month-end performance information.
As a key member of the Finance team, you will join a dynamic and experienced group of professionals that provide support that is imperative to the day-to-day running of the organisation, ultimately influencing the overall success of Crown Agents.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Sole charge for ensuring that intercompany accounts are reconciled and completed in an accurate and timely manner. Investigate, resolve and provide commentary on intercompany balances
- Management of the International funding process and support the cash forecast completion
- Prepare monthly draft consolidations of Group Management Accounts for review by line management and in-country directors
- Review International balance sheet reconciliations and provide support to international team; to include but not limited to Bank reconciliations, gratuities, Fixed assets, accruals and prepayments
- Work closely with the treasury team to settle intercompany balances on a regular basis (reviewing any material FX exposures to reduce exchange rate risks)
- Ensure transfer pricing arrangements are posted, supported by detailed "audit ready" workings
- Management of the Fixed asset Register, manage asset valuations and maintain the relationship with the external stakeholders
- Be the key point of contact for any financial queries from both financial and non-financial staff in the subsidiaries and provide training and guidance as required.
Taxation and Compliance
- Prepare and consolidate the Group VAT return for UK entities and other adhoc statutory returns
- Liaise with overseas auditors and tax advisors to ensure all filings are complete, correct and on time
- Provide guidance and support for new teams and implementation in all matters relating to international locations
- Support Group, International Finance teams and External stakeholders with Year-end requirements, assist as appropriate with internal audits and annual statutory audit; and any data analysis requirements
- In addition to core responsibilities the International Accountant is also responsible for performing other duties, within Finance areas, as agreed with line manager
- Support subsidiary relationships with International finance teams and projects
- Support the development of Internal Controls and Assurance
- Undertaking any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participating in training and development procedures
- Complying with all Company Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection guidelines