We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan the families they desire by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing to contraceptives.
There are about 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re an eclectic mix of people with a diverse range of backgrounds from the international health sector to the marketing industry to the behavior change field. PSI’s new global strategy focuses on improving consumer powered healthcare through shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding and strengthening global capacity.
The HR Business Partner (HRP) works closely with PSI’s business leaders to develop integrated talent solutions that balance the achievement of business goals with the development of team members. This position advises on tactics and strategies related to the full talent life cycle including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, change management, learning and development, compensation, and workforce planning.
If you like to get your hands dirty, if you have a passion for all things international HR and if when you see something broken your first instinct is to figure out the root cause, please read on to find out more.
- Partner with and advise designated client groups on the development and implementation of workforce planning strategies that facilitate the achievement of business goals and enable the business to cultivate a high performing workforce. Develops strong relationships and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, in conjunction with staying abreast of industry practices, to advise on strategies including staffing, retention, performance, and team member development.
- Advises management and leadership on the resolution of day-to-day to complex employee relations issues. Manages and resolves issues including but not limited to disciplinary actions, performance, union relations, and investigations. Conducts and documents effective, thorough and objective investigations. Reduces legal risks and ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements relating to HR Management.
- Advise managers on talent identification and proactive performance management throughout the year (e.g. performance discussions, coaching, counseling, providing feedback). Counsel managers, leaders, and team members on leveraging L&D programs, career mobility and advancement, development opportunities, and the identification of team and individual learning and development needs
- Leads HR initiatives, projects, and process improvements, promoting consistency in application across business units and geographic locations.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Compensation, and L&D to facilitate seamless integration of talent full life cycle service delivery to client groups. Manages and executes the HR administration/transaction processing for designated client groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field required. HR Certification(s) strongly preferred.
- 6 – 8 years of HR generalist experience across a wide range of disciplines from compensation, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, recruitment and sound knowledge of federal/state employment laws; preference for candidates with experience working with international teams.
- Demonstrated experience in leading employee-related investigations.
- Proven business analytical skills and experience utilizing critical thinking to help clients identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations that reflect a balance of meeting business objectives and talent management considerations.
- Experience developing and maintaining client relationships in the face of conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems through innovative HR solutions and initiate enhancements through technology, research, and networking skills among organizational teams and professional organizations.
- Ability to tailor HR advice to client needs and present information to clients that considers business impacts and articulate the benefits for stakeholders.
- French or Spanish language skills are preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%.
- You’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.