FHI 360 has an immediate opening for a Proposal Recruiter to support our business development and proposal activities. Join a great team working on exciting international proposals. The Proposal Recruiter will be responsible for providing full cycle recruitment support on our competitive bids and proposals process for institutional donors. This role will lead recruitment efforts on open and upcoming bids for potential program staff – key personnel and core staff. The incumbent will also assist in the development of recruitment resources and guidelines specific to USAID and other funding sources. The ideal candidate will have a high sense of urgency, an ability to deliver results in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and a proven track record of being a creative problem solver. Our culture is collaboration and partnership.
Recruits, interviews and recommends placement of candidates for professional and technical staff positions from both internal and external sources. Develops effective working relationships with placement agencies, colleges, technical schools, and job fairs. Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of company management to ensure adequate coverage of personnel needs. Consults with management to identify and recommend the most qualified candidates. Extends offers to selected candidates and may arrange for relocation when necessary. Maintains an effective personnel advertising program as directed by management. Keeps informed of developments in such areas as wages and salaries, employee benefits, and general personnel practices.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant pools/sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites.
- Provides organization information, opportunities, and benefits; makes presentations; maintains rapport with external clients.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and attending HR conferences.
- Develops and implements tracking system to report key metrics for measuring and predicting staffing activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with hiring managers, management and recruitment team to plan and implement effective recruiting strategies for high need to fill positions.
- Participates in client meetings and business strategy sessions to improve and build upon recruitment processes and creates innovative approaches to attract top quality talent.
- Identifies the best mix of resources among use of job boards, web searches, referrals and industry sources to find candidates.
- Develops position specific screening questionnaires for team to use, revises job descriptions and prepares advertisements.
- Manages candidates through the entire interview process from initial contact to hire date with company.
- Guides hiring managers on staffing and recruitment policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and employment laws.
- Leads, mentors and guides recruitment team.
- Serves as a liaison between recruiting management and hiring managers.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Communications, or Related Field. Certification as Professional Recruiter (PRC) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR).
- Typically requires 5-8 years of experience with staffing/recruitment activities and practices.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients, and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Working experience with Workday HRIS system preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).