Investment Analysts and Managers
European Investment Bank(eib), Headquarters in Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Investment incumbent operates within the EU Private Equity sector, across the segments of Impact Investment, Business Angel, Tech Transfer and Venture Capital. S/he assists in the identification, appraisal, negotiation and monitoring of (co-)investments throughout the European Union and the Pre-Accession Countries.
- Working in small teams, s/he contributes to the development of the business plan and the monitoring of the growing investments portfolio. The job requires a constant interface with other parts of the EIF.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative information on developments in markets and companies relevant to EIF business, and on any aspects that may affect the EIF portfolio;
- Assist in the development of a network of high level/quality external contacts;
- Assist in the implementation of the business plan, participating as necessary in the research, identification of business opportunities, preparation of proposals, due diligence, structuring and negotiation of transactions, and follow-up of business portfolio;
- Represent EIF in Investors meetings and Advisory Boards (for the Investment Manager role).
- University degree in finance or business administration, with post-graduate qualifications constituting a distinct advantage;
- At least 3 years' professional experience in a similar position for the Analyst role and 5 year's for the Manager role; Additional previous experience in a financial or corporate environment (banking, audit etc) would be an advantage;
- Proven track record in the fields of Impact Investment, Business Angel, Tech Transfer and/or Venture Capital;
- Solid Financial Analysis skills;
- Good IT skills (standard Office tools, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- Industry experience in technology sectors or life-sciences sectors would be an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Commercial approach;
- Ability to manage complex operations ;
- Very good interpersonal skills;
- Sense of initiative and problem-solving approach;
- Ability to organise his/her work, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent team spirit.