Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Background / General description:
• IFC seeks to appoint an Investment Officer to join its Nairobi team.
• The Investment Officer will work across Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions as required.
• Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Undertake reviews of funds and investee companies and prepare supervision reports, including portfolio performance analyses in comparison to relevant benchmarks;
• Track and monitor compliance of portfolio companies and propose courses of action in the event of non-compliance;
• Analyze corporate financial data and other industry information to identify and monitor issues that may affect IFC’s investments and recommend actions where necessary; develop an understanding of the target countries in Africa, provide market intelligence, and
• develop strong business networks;
• Conduct market studies and help develop a pipeline of potential fund investments; perform research to determine the level of activity and attractiveness of valuations and returns of funds, define future trends, and identify best of breed managers;
• Undertake due diligence of potential fund investments; participate in the structuring, negotiating and execution of deals;
• Prepare investment review materials and presentations to investment committees to obtain investment approval and negotiate fund documentation;
• Communicate IFC’s strategy for funds and its rationale for engaging in specific transactions.
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• High professional integrity and sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and businesses;
• Ability to think independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions;
• Ability to analyze complex structures and assist clients in financial structuring;
• High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn;
• Highly motivated and energetic, outstanding interpersonal skills, with a collegial and sharing work style; comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure; ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; ability to work with people at all levels and demonstrate responsiveness and ability to work as part of a team;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional languages, particularly
• French, a plus;
• Minimum of five years relevant work experience, preferably in a private equity firm;
• Knowledge of the private equity market in emerging markets, Ability and willingness to travel.