POSITION Investment Operations Officer
Global Partnerships (GP) is an impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. Impact-first investing means investing in a way that seeks the greatest possible social impact, while seeking to preserve capital with a modest financial return for investors. GP believes that impact-first investing has an essential role to play in advancing sustainable solutions to poverty for millions of people worldwide.
GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa. The GP team is comprised of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, WA, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Operations Officer will be part of GP’s Finance and Operations Team. She/he will assist in closing debt investment transactions with social enterprise partners located in Latin America and Africa and will work closely with our Social Investment Team as well as our Finance team. She/he will report to the Director of Investment Operations. The Investment Operations Officer will play an instrumental role in helping GP further our mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty.
This role will be responsible for the following:
Loan Closing & Management
- Prepare loan agreements, amendments and related documents for debt transactions with social enterprises, working with local country counsel and US counsel
- Track and manage collection of conditions precedent (CPs) prior to loan closing or disbursement of funds, including working with counsel on legal review of CPs and maintaining an organized tracking system
- Maintain closing checklists and coordinate closing process
- Work with GP’s partners and staff to resolve closing issues and questions prior to loan closing
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files; keep database current
- Review invoices for transactions to ensure billing is in line with negotiated terms of engagement
- Manage relationships with local country counsel and assist Director of Investment Operations with negotiating rates/pro-bono agreements
- Assist with collecting annual borrower reporting information
- Work with local counsel on Powers of Attorney or other documents or procedures necessary for lending activities in each country
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within and across teams and across cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of highly professional engagement with colleagues and partners
- Self-motivated work ethic, proactive; ability to see tasks through to completion independently
- Capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail and commitment to quality; strong project management skills
- Embodies GP’s values: Dedicated, Strategic, Collaborative, Aspirational Learner, and Excellence
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for GP’s mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty
- Fluent in both business English and Spanish (required), with fluency in French preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 five years of experience working in business or legal environment, with a strong preference for experience working as a paralegal or loan closer
- Knowledge of legal constructs in lending, with a preference for knowledge and/or experience with Latin American or African legal documentation and regulation for lending and finance
- Demonstrated experience making sound business decisions based on legal advice
- Strong tendency to eagerly accept ownership of projects and to improve efficiencies
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in all Microsoft Office products; Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to work legally in the United States
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please send the following materials in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title ‘Application: Investment Operations Officer’ in the subject line.
- Brief cover letter
- Global Partnerships is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please apply by February 3, 2020.
- Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates selected for interviews – no follow-ups, please.
- Finalists will be asked to submit references, including name, email, and phone number, of at least two former supervisors. All offers will be contingent upon reference checks as well as a background check.