Investment Specialist (Project Finance/Infrastructure Finance)
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
a. Project Development and Processing
- Assist in the origination of a pipeline of private sector infrastructure finance projects and screen investment opportunities in developing member countries (DMCs) through client outreach, marketing and deal screening.
- Undertake and manage the necessary due diligence, financial modeling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of loans, equity investments, guarantees, B-loans or other forms of ADB assistance.
- Support or lead the internal approvals process including interface with credit, safeguards, integrity, legal and other teams as well as management and the Board.
- With the support of internal and external counsel, ensure for all deals that appropriate legal documentation is successfully concluded in line with approvals and that financial close (i.e., first disbursement) is achieved in a timely fashion
- Undertake the implementation and the hand-over of administration of private sector infrastructure programs and projects, ensuring compliance with required guidelines, policies and procedures as well as agreed covenants and reporting requirements up to financing effectiveness.
- Perform the role of a nominee director on the board of ADB’s investee companies representing ADB’s interests in accordance with the principles of sound corporate governance, as assigned.
b. External Liaison
- Facilitate or lead active relationships with commercial lenders and other financial partners in the region and beyond as well as with developers, investors and governments.
- Assess and structure transactions to maximize the potential for commercial co-financing and catalyzing of additional sources of capital.
c. Policy and Project Evaluation
- Provide input and comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector operations and development across a range of key themes and sectors.
d. Knowledge Sharing
- Maintain and share knowledge (inside and outside ADB) on lessons learned from private sector operations and emerging best practices in areas of expertise.
- Participate in and contribute to activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building relating to ADB’s integrity, governance and safeguard policies.
e. Strategy and Planning
- Participate in country teams for planning and programming purposes, particularly with respect to private sector development and operations and sector priorities.
f. Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields; or University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related fields combined with a specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the financing of private sector infrastructure (particularly project financing or PPPs but including corporate financing in core fields of ADB focus), including hands-on experience in originating loans, guarantees and/or equity transactions, managing due diligence, financial modeling, mitigating credit and other risks, negotiating term sheets and finance documentation and related project (and corporate) finance activities.
- Specific and relevant experience in emerging market financing and investments, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to communicate effectively to management.
- International experience working in several developing countries, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.