Closing Date for Applications:
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) plays a unique role within the United Nations system. IIEP was established in 1963 as an integral part of UNESCO. It supports ministries of education around the world and other key actors to plan and manage education systems through its programmes of training, technical assistance, policy research and knowledge sharing. Follow this link for more information about IIEP's global role.
This position is located in IIEP's Buenos Aires Office Under the overall authority of the Head of Office , the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer and the ICT Officer in Paris, the incumbent will be responsible for resolving ICT-related issues in a timely and efficient manner. Specifically the incumbent will:
- Provide first level IT support to all staff and trainees at IIEP via the Helpdesk. Diagnose, detect, solve and follow up on IT issues which include:
- advising staff on the proper use of software products such as MS Office and Skype for Business;
- data backup and restoration;
- virus and malware detection, removal and prevention;
- research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- troubleshooting services such as printing, Internet connection, etc.
- Respond to users' questions and needs regarding network access including managing user passwords and rights.
- Provide ICT support to teleconferences, videoconferences and key events.
- Perform technical functions including computer imaging and deployment, hardware and software installations, upgrades and routine repairs.
- Monitor the state of the IT infrastructure and network and collaborate with IIEP Paris IT team on any technical related issues.
- Monitor the state of IIEP computers and ensure they are up to date with the latest software patches and anti-virus definitions.
- Manage IT stock supplies and spare parts.
- Participate and assist in the organisation of training of IIEP staff on ICT issues.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework .
- Secondary, Technical or Vocational School Training with a recognised qualification in Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of information technologies (IT including Helpdesk support, maintenance of hardware and software packages and applications).
- Experience with TCP/IP networks, routing and firewalls.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Manager and IT ticketing systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, MS Exchange, Powershell, Linux and VMWare.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Computer skills and use of relevant software such as MS Office and MS Visio.
- Excellent knowledge of Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom and other online communication tools.
- Good knowledge of Windows Update Services.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact, astuteness and the ability to identify problem areas and resolve them effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to acquire and apply new knowledge and techniques to own work.
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information, effectively train/advise users on systems related issues, applications etc., and prepare written documentation in a clear, concise style.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment.