Danish Refugee Council , Kitgum, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
The IT Assistant is responsible for operations and support of IT equipment and systems in the field including, but not limited to local area networks, PCs, mobile phones, mobile satellite communications, 2-way radio, video conferencing systems, Voice system and internet links. As the primary IT contact in the field, the IT Assistant will liaise on a daily basis with IT providers and other organizations in the field for the delivery of services to staff.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control and maintain IT systems to minimize IT service downtime
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
- Trouble shooting the LAN.
- Hardware and software support.
- Ensure that the anti-virus within the organization is updated on a timely basis.
- Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
- Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
- Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
- Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
- Provide Simple guidelines training to the staff during service time.
- Report on API on a monthly basis to the Kampala co-ordination Office
- Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary
- Any other activities requested by Supervisor and senior management
Experience and technical competencies:
- 3 years’ experience in IT related position in an INGO or related agency
- Computer Technician
- Bachelor’s Degree Science in Computer Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT related studies
- Certificate in CISCO NETWORKING an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Local languages an asset