World Vision, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
The primary objective of this position is to ensure the effective installation/configuration, provisioning, operation, and maintenance of customer systems software, applications and related infrastructure. It involves responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all staff.
- Customer Service (Service desk)
- Client Technology support & Capacity building
- Technical Support
- Service Improvements & Management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Information and data security
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, or other related field.
- Typically requires 1-2 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
- At least one Professional Certification in the following: Microsoft Certified Professional; Cisco (CCNA)
- Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies (satellite/VSAT technology, wireless networks, HF and VHF Radio, microwave) and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewalls and Routers
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) and Lotus Notes
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Customer-focused. Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the customer’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
- Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client's needs effectively
- Excellent time-management skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
- Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English