The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
PROJECT BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
We are seeking to fill a IT Operations Assistant, based at the offshore office of Headquarters Global IT Service Desk in Gurugram India. The position will be functioning under the overall guidance of TEC division and IT Operations Officer and in direct supervision of the ITSD Team leader. The IT Assistant is required to support the delivery of efficient and effective IT Infrastructure in arena of Microsoft and and cloud services, particularly Windows Server support ( 2016) , O365 , Azure, ATP, Cloud based SCCM ,Intune ( Mobile device Management) and AWS technologies and contributing to sound, innovative IT solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy. The interested candidate must be willing to work in shifts as per the roster (The service operates on a 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts).
The IT Operations Assistant work in a team and are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work Active Directory Directory (including on-prem and Azure AD,O365 Suite, DNS, ADFS, PKI, DFS, DHCP). Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business (including VoIP), SCOM, SharePoint, SCCM; Install, maintain and update the operating systems on the physical and virtual servers, AWS ( amazon Web services) infrastructure as well as the Microsoft server software ( Windows 2016 & higher).
- Provide remote support and Monitor HQ and field offices support tickets using our internal ticket tracking system.
- Manage the large rollout of Patch Management and OS deployment, Upgrades through Cloud SCCM and Microsoft Operations Management suite.
- Escalates and coordinates with L3 and vendor support team whenever required.
- Ensures in-scope infrastructure components are checked regularly, updated, and secured
- Willing to work shifts, after-hours and weekends as needed; occasionally on short notice due to emergencies (i.e., Deploy an OS patch on a AWS/ Microsoft server to mitigate a vulnerability risk)
- Create reports as needed including Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
- Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on OS Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019 and Office 365 with enterprise telephony.
- Provide L3 technical support for simple and complex customer environments
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, and conduct root-cause analysis
- Plan, configure and deploy projects for our customers including infrastructure rebuilds, cloud migrations, and network redesigns
- Ability and willingness to reach out for assistance when required to ensure that all technical issues are resolved as efficiently and timely as possible.
- Manage the support the Mobile device management solution (Intune) for WFP users.
- Install, deploy and Manage the Cloud based infrastructure (AWS).
- Administer and support Microsoft products and services (IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, SQL, Share point, Azure, O365, OMS, SCOM, cloud based SCCM)
- Be a strong source of knowledge and provide training for other members of the service department
- Ability and willingness to provide backup for any role in the service department as required
- Attend and participate in team meetings as designated
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- An under graduate university Degree in Computer Science/electronics/ related IT field is desirable.
- Valid Microsoft and AWS certifications, MCSE/MCSA/ AWS/ O365/ATP certification on O365/Windows Server 2016/2019 is preferred
- Languages: Fluency in the English language
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience is required, in Azure/ ATP/Cloud SCCM /Amazon Web Services (AWS)/ Intune/Cloud based SCCM in a similar role in a large network environment
- Analysis of security logs and exposure to SIEM/ SOC on Microsoft tools would be highly preferable.
- Proven ability in helping partners build a Microsoft best practice solution process and understanding of office 365 offerings.
- Candidates having working experience from Large ITES/BPO organisations will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ ITIL4 Foundation certification would an asset
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills are required. Must be courteous, punctual, conscientious, patient, dependable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate solid recommendations.
- Ethics & Values, Team Work, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Stress Resistance, Behavioural Flexibility.
- Ability to provide the second/third (L2/L3) level of support to users requesting help with software, hardware, and Microsoft tools