The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) WFP is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes -- not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
WFP Malawi is seeking qualified and dynamic candidate for the position of IT Operations Officer-NOB, Fixed Term based at Lilongwe Country Office as detailed below;
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Master's University Degree in Computer Sciences, IT/MIS or any relevant related field
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Development of work plans, budgets and policies, and lead the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs.
- Develop technical specifications and tender documents, and manage contracts with service providers, to facilitate procurement of ICT equipment and services at minimum cost,
- Coordinate project implementation including SCOPE in all programme activities
- Lead and motivate a team, monitoring performance, training and guidance to ensure capacity building and good ICT service delivery
- Coordination with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximise possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of ICT.
- Contribute to emergency preparedness and contingency planning, providing technical recommendations and monitoring the management of risks
- Maintain and test the Disaster Recovery Plan for the country Office to allow business continuity in case of an emergency
- Provide monthly and annual reports of accomplishments, priorities for the following month/year, key issues & challenges, intervention required at management and regional levels.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has coordinated and managed small or medium projects
- Has assisted in change management procedures, activities and processes.
- Has successfully performed installation or testing of new hardware for improving or upgrading systems performance.
- Has proven experience analyzing service management results and developing service enhancement recommendations.
- Has keen ground-level experience implementing IT and telecoms systems in emergencies.