As a member of Food for the Hungry’s Information Technology (IT) team, the IT Support Specialist I is a part of a team that is responsible for providing technical assistance and supporting the employees of FH worldwide with concentration in the Phoenix office, This role will assist in the daily operations of the IT infrastructure including but not limited to initial triage for all IT Support requests received electronically or via phone and assisting walk-up customers in alignment with the organization’s corporate strategy.
IT Helpdesk Support
- Perform initial triage/resolution and or escalation of new service requests that come in via phone, the ticket system, via email and from walk-up customers, in alignment with IT service level standards;
- Accurately record, update and or close service requests in ticket system according to IT service level standards;
- Assist with maintaining computer equipment and software license inventories;
- Initiate and track warranty service repair requests;
- Initiate orders for new commuter equipment and supplies, track shipments and ensure receipt of all equipment, including placement of asset tags;
- Pack and ship computer equipment to other FH offices;
- Help maintain department process documentation for new hire and employee closeouts;
- Assist team members with placement and removal of computer equipment;
- Learn the duties of the IT Support Specialist II role as time allows;
- Other duties as assigned.
IT Administrative Support
- Interact with users, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive experience;
- Assist IT Support Manager and team with administrative duties and special projects as needed;
- Assist with the updating of training materials and procedures;
- Assist by providing administrative support of customer impacting service issues..
Values, Vision, and Purpose
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
FH benefits include (for USA):
- Health insurance, 100% company paid for employees
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick leave
- Eligible to enroll in the FH 401k retirement plan, effective on date of hire
- Public transportation subsidy for non-virtual employees
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
A resume and an application are required to apply for this position. This position will close to applications on March 11, 2020. For a complete version of the job description, qualifications, and to apply, access our Career page, see link below.