Junior and/or Senior Compliance Officers
European Investment Bank(eib), Headquarters, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
- The selected candidate will have the task of analysing, opining and advising on EIF compliance risk within the remit of COR. COR is an independent function with a view to (i) analysing, forming opinions and advising on EIF compliance risk and (ii) analysing and monitoring operational risk. Within this remit, the successful candidate should, in particular, support the transactional compliance risk assessment and, where the transactional structure allows, proceed to such assessment in his/her own autonomous responsibility. He/she should also be in a position to represent the service internally and externally with regard to specific tasks under his/her responsibility.
- The selected candidate will report directly to the Head of COR. The division being at the crossroads between legal, regulatory and policy-driven standards, the position requires a specific ability to adequately formulate in writing the results of any given compliance risk assessment.
The Senior Compliance Officer will work with a high degree of autonomy in following areas:
- Issue compliance opinions, advice, recommendations and general guidance on institutional, transactional and conduct compliance issues;
- Propose draft policies and procedures within the remit of COR;
- Identify updated developments of market standards relevant for the efficient performance of the tasks within COR;
- Proceed to the identification of EU policies and perform adequate control of all compliance risks in relation to EU policies;
- Contribute to training on compliance risk.
The Junior Compliance Officer will have the day-to-day responsibility for assisting and advising the Head of EIF COR in managing compliance risk assessment specifically in the following areas:
- Contribute to issuance of compliance opinions, advice and recommendations on transactional and institutional compliance issues;
- Perform adequate control of all compliance risks in relation to EU policies and, in particular, the control of the process for the procurement of works, supplies and services for EIF’s own account;
- Contribute to the continuous development of the compliance policy and procedural framework by proposing and implementing methodologies for the elaboration of reliable compliance systems, specifically in the field of monitoring;
- Contribute to the reporting on compliance risk issues;
- Support the team in relation to selected issues of operational risk assessment, upon request by and under the direction of the Head of COR;
- Take care of the Business Continuity Correspondent for EIF COR within EIB Group.
- University degree, preferably in law;
- Postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage;
- At least three (3) years’ for the Junior Officer and five (5) years’ professional experience for the Senior Officer or a related field working on matters relating to compliance, investigations, audit, corporate governance or similar fields;
- Knowledge of EIF and the inter-institutional relationship between European Investment Bank (EIB) and EIF would be considered a plus;
- Capacity to manage complex analyses and to deal with sensitive and conduct-related issues;
- Sound knowledge of usual office tools and systems (MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage.