About the Organization
Grameen Foundation India (GFI), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA, a leading global non- profit working for the mission to enable the poor, especially the women to create a world without poverty and hunger. GFI’s program portfolio spans the sectors of financial inclusion, agriculture, livelihoods and health and nutrition and is particularly recognized for its work on deploying cutting edge digital platforms and solutions to solve the most pressing problems faced by the poor and vulnerable.
About the Job
Reporting to the CEO, the ‘Lead – Knowledge Management & Program Communications’ will be a member of Grameen’s Senior Leadership Team. Key mandate for this position is to document, synthesize, package and disseminate key learnings emerging from GFI’s programs in the above mentioned domains to facilitate organizational learning as well as to position Grameen as a
thought leader and as a partner of choice in its priority domains. As a strategic thinker and communicator par excellence, who is meticulous about the attention to detail, and is able to discern key insights and patterns in seemingly unrelated datasets, you need to be inquisitive, have a strong desire for learning and flair for writing. Elevating the voices of the women, poor and vulnerable sections, which can inform Grameen’s future program design and strategies will be a core objective for this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acquire and maintain deep knowledge of Grameen’s programs, strategies and stakeholders, and to always keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Ensuring thorough program documentation by recording case studies, stories of change, outcome measurement and different participatory learning exercises.
- Facilitate knowledge gathering and synthesis of insights and learnings from various programs and sharing of the same through various social media and on-line platforms
- Develop strategy for knowledge management and program communication by working closely with key internal stakeholders and lead the execution of the strategy
- Increase the visibility of the GF India’s program by documenting best practices, efforts and outreach.
- Create informative and engaging content (both written as well as multi-media) for dissemination, building awareness and inspiring the target segments in order to enhance our reputation and positioning.
- Build and maintain deep engagement with journalists, thought leaders and key external stakeholders
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with relevant programs and Institutional Relations team at GFI and GF USA.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and core values:
- Commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Strong written and verbal communication ability, presentation skills and high degree of creativity
- Must be a great storyteller and content writer with outstanding project management skills.
Education and Experience:
- A Master’s degree, preferably in Mass communications/ Journalism.
- Minimum 10 years experience, preferably in the social development sector. Experience in sectors such as financial inclusion, micro enterprise development, agriculture, health and nutrition will be an advantage.
- Deep understanding of poverty, rural livelihoods, social and economic marginalization and barriers faced by weaker sections particularly women.
- Experience of working with diverse stakeholders, both nationally as well internationally. Compensation: GFI offers a competitive compensation package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and offer a great working environment where you can learn and meet your professional goals.