Lead Analyst, P-3
The Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), Vienna, Austria
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform the responsibilities of a seismic/acoustic data analyst, act as a team leader for analysts, providing guidance to less experienced analysts on a daily basis;
- Perform interactive analysis of seismic, hydroacoustic and infrasound data to detect, locate and characterize events;
- Provide technical supervision on questions of analysis to data analysts and review their work before it is processed further;
- Provide training to others;
- Coordinate the work of the data analysts to assure timely issuance of all analyst-reviewed products;
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include working on weekends and holidays or periods on-call.
- University degree in geophysical science or a related field with relevant experience in seismic, hydroacoustic and/or infrasound data analysis.
- Experience in global seismic data analysis is an asset.
- At least five years experience in seismic analysis and familiarity with interactive computer analysis systems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Working knowledge of one of the other official languages of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission is an asset.
- Professionalism: Professional competencies in geophysical science with relevant experience in seismic, hydroacoustic and/or related field of work; conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; able to work independently with minimum supervision; capable of producing reports and papers on technical issues; ability to contribute to the development of policies and to interpret procedures and guidelines.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize work consistent with the strategic goals of the Section to identify priority activities and assignments and to ensure the effective monitoring and implementation of work plans.
- Communication: Very good skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds.
- Teamwork: Very good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Technological Awareness: Ability to keep abreast of developments and relevant technologies applicable to the profession.