Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement we operate as a single, shared management structure.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Lead Recruiter will be responsible for all aspects recruitment for Global Support Office (GSO) positions in the US and Europe as well as improving quality of recruitment practices for RI globally. This position is at a “Manager” grade.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide full life-cycle recruiting to fill GSO positions and senior Leadership positions globally.
- Work with different stakeholders to properly receive new employees within the organization by preparing for logistics arrangements, and proper orientation and onboarding.
- Follow and constantly monitor the different cultures and markets where RI hires from and hire to such as US, UK, France, etc.. to make sure that the recruitment practices and SOPs for each location where RI operates follow the business norms within those locations.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with hiring managers by advising on job design, job descriptions (Terms of References TORs), job classification, and providing timely and high quality support throughout the process.
- Constantly improve and seek approaches to improve candidate experience through a user-friendly application experience and through keeping the shortlisted candidates informed and engaged during and after the application process.
- Work with Program Development and Business Development Teams on all staffing aspects of proposal development process.
- Review Recruitment Packages coming from other recruiters for accuracy, adherence to Recruitment SOP, and quality of recruitment process.
- Provide recruitment support during humanitarian responses and rapid deployments.
- Monitor Recruitment Workload and quality of recruitment for Head Office and Expat hires across the organization. Find resources to manage recruiting workload of Regional HR Managers and ensure that Recruitment Tracker is regularly updated.
- Devise methods to build recruitment capacity for hiring managers and recruiter across the organization.
- Constantly analyze recruitment-related data such as recruitment speed/quality, satisfaction with recruitment/onboarding process, exit/stay interview feedback, retention and turnover analytics etc. and communicate results to relevant stakeholders for the purpose of improving talent acquisition and talent management within the organization.
- Manage and constantly update Career Page on RI website. Make sure the page is appealing and reflects RI’s mission and culture to the different categories of employees.
- Leverage technology for excellent candidate relationship management to discover and sustain cold/warm leads, referrals, and other potential prospects. Use Social Media as a sourcing and branding tool.
- Contribute to HR/recruiting process improvement, best practices documentation, and continuous client support improvement.
- Ensure that RI has high quality Surge Rosters. Maintain and build a pipeline of key talent through online and in-person networking.
- Ensure that RI’s Recruitment practices reflect RI’s diversity, inclusion, and required compliance to certain laws such as GDPR, Safeguarding guidelines, and background Checks approaches.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, international development or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Global recruiting experience within INGO setting is a plus but not a must.
- Successful track record in filling difficult positions with stringent requirements with high quality hiring manager and applicant satisfaction.
- Demonstrated success with client engagement, relationship building and providing quality service with a great team;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet urgent deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to meet and exceed goals in all activities;
- Fluency in a language such as French, or Arabic, preferred;
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas occasionally for recruitment activities.