Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Functions / Key Results Expected
• Develop and keep updated the web presence of the IAEA Library. This includes ongoing updating of the existing web pages; facilitation of all aspects of the Web presence and initiating enhancements based on user feedback;
• Conduct and regularly update the IAEA Library communication and training policies;
• Manage the online communications of the Library, including social media;
• Produce marketing communication materials (e.g. brochures, articles, reports, content for web platforms, event kits) for Library customers and other key stakeholders: propose topics, undertake research, compile and prepare data, determine appropriate format and target audience, prepare drafts, obtain clearances, conduct photo and graphic research, edit and coordinate design approval, printing procedures and distribution;
• Review, manage and enhance the IAEA Library training agenda;
• Review and enforce brand and library messaging guidelines across Library web sites, social media, print and e-publications;
• Plan and coordinate partnership functions; contribute to the management of the International Nuclear Library Network (INLN);
• Research, analyse and synthesize information into accurate answers or actionable information and ensure that customers have the tools or capabilities to apply them.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor's Degree - Library and Information Science, Communication or closely related field
• First level degree in library or information science, communication or closely related field is required. An advanced degree would be an advantage.
• At least 5 years of experience in information services and communications with increasing responsibilities.
• Experience in a multicultural environment desirable.
• Knowledge of trends and issues and experience in the use of web tools and technologies including electronic reference services.
• Experience in nuclear science and technology would be an advantage.