Danish Refugee Council, Tal Afer, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
- Under the supervision of the Economic Recovery Team Leader, and technical supervision of the Economic Recovery Specialist, the Economic Recovery Officer will support the delivery of market-based programming across DRC area of intervention in Tel Afar district and supporting new operations in Baaj when required. More specifically, the Economic Recovery Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
- Training delivery, technical inputs for market and construction sector intervention, donor compliance and accuracy of work plans and reporting
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation including autonomous identification of the work plan, team tasks, priorities, and work delegation
- Ensure compliance standards, quality of the documentation and attention to detail including accuracy of the reporting.
- Act as field-level focal point for community members, other stakeholders and centres when required.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets.
- Ensure compliance to project procedures and accountability.
- Develop and follow project tools, workplans and trackers as required
- Act as a designated focal point and ensure strong accuracy of data reporting
- Ensure compliance with COVID19 operational guidelines
- Training delivery of the Business and Financial Management trainings with minimum Health and Safety Standards component, warehousing.
- Strong numerical literacy.
- Supervise vocational technical trainings, on job placements on the construction sites.
- Lead field assessments and surveys such as market assessments, price monitoring, labor market analysis and social cohesion mapping.
- Understanding of market demand for construction materials and services, construction labour market
- Supervise Assistants and Enumerators, including ensuring satisfactory completion of tasks and responsibilities, identifying performance issues, and assisting with the development if Performance Improvement Plans, under guidance of in Team Leader
- Compile and submit written project updates, assist with the preparation of project reports, success stories and other narrative documents as required.
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with MEAL, IM, Protection, Finance, Supply Chain and other DRC sectors as required.
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors.
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets, ensure quality and documentation preparation for payment processing/distributions.
- Launch, follow and plan procurements.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience with humanitarian organizations
- Able to work autonomously and manage priorities, workplan and schedules
- Experience in training delivery and cash-based response is an asset
- Experience with vocational trainings, construction sector and specialized labour sector is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety Standards is an asset
- Experience with conducting administrative tasks and with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Strong IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a complex multicultural environment with different stakeholders
- Ability to work sensitively with different community members, considering gender, age and diversity
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve joint objectives, in a multicultural context.
- Demonstrated commitment to humanitarian principles and values is mandatory
- Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites when needed is mandatory
- Ability to act calmly in tense situations, handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and act with transparency and integrity.
- Positions are subject to funding.
- Applications can be reviewed prior to the application deadline.
- (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
- (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in Arabic
- Proficiency in English and Turkmeni desirable
- Proficiency in Kurdish is an asset)
- (internal and external)
- DRC Staff in the area
- MEAL, Supply Chain, IM, Finance, Admin/HR, Protection, Shelter
- Community and governmental stakeholders
- Contract length: 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
- Salary Band: H
- Start date: 15th November 2020.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.