Solidarités International, Sittwe, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
ABOUT THE JOB
- The Rakhine base has 2 main locations of activities: Sittwe Camps (under OFDA/HARP funding in Consortium with Oxfam) and Pauktaw (PKT) camps (under CDC, DFID/HARP, UNICEF, ECHO funding). The main activities fall under the WASH sector, and the FSL sector (limited to some camps only).
- The main activities in the two locations are WaSH but also FSL in some camps. In Rakhine/Sittwe, there are currently 7 international staff and more than 250 national staffs.
- The Logistics Manager will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base. He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures. He/she will assist the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
- The Sittwe logistics team is made of 88 people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Supplies Management
- Excellent HR and Team Management
- Vehicle Fleet Management
- Communication and IT
- Premises Management
- Finance Management
PRIORITIES FOR THE FIRST MONTHS
- To participate to the implementation of a supply chain software: Link
- To participate to the migration to Windows 365 and Office 356.
- To crosscheck the accountancy and implement the finance follow-up for the logistics department of Sittwe
- Education : Masters level in logistics and/or Engineering
- 5 years of INGO experience, preferably in emergency and recovery contexts; experience in complex ethnic and/or religious contexts preferred, sensitive environments (post-conflict, conflict), IDP/refugee camp experience is an added value
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Proven Experience in team management and capacity building.
- Previous experience with SI is a plus
- Outstanding organization skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong management, training/capacity-building skills
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads;
- Team player, very good interpersonal skills
- Leadership and diplomatic skills
- Bilingual in English
- Capacity to work with non-native English speakers.
- French and Burmese are added assets.