Logistics and Procurement Officer
Plan International, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International has received available funding to implement a 5-month emergency response in the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur. This is to support communities affected by Super Typhoon Rolly.
- The Logistics & Procurement Officer will provide logistical support services to the Super Typhoon Emergency Response team. The project will cover the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur, Philippines. This role will be based in Legazpi, Albay, Philippines.
Further, as the Logistics and Procurement Officer:
- You will be tasked to provide support to the rapid procurement activities related to the emergency response. This includes identification of local sources of goods, management of supplies, contracting of goods, and identification of services and works suppliers.
- You will oversee local fleet management and transport operations for the emergency response; ensuring that safety and security protocols are followed.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to the Logistics Cluster engaged for the emergency response.
- You will provide overall support on emergency asset management.
- You will ensure that child safeguarding, gender, and inclusion standards are adhered to.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- Passionate and committed to addressing issues affecting disaster resilience and child safeguarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Office Administration, Management, and other related courses
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience or exposure to logistics, procurement, purchasing, asset management & maintenance, or transportation services.
- Previous experience in disaster or emergency response is an advantage.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.