World Food Programme, Islamaad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
This position will be based in Country Office Islamabad, Pakistan. Under the overall supervisor of Head of Supply Chain, incumbent will directly report to construction manager.
The Employer is responsible for delivery of multiple construction projects. The job holder will assist the construction manager in the execution of the construction activities and ensure that the contractor executes the project in accordance with the requirements of the construction contract.
Job holder will oversee the execution of the construction contracts at various sites. Incumbent shall report directly to a WFP Construction Manager (CM) who will be responsible for delivering the overall Project on behalf of the Employer.To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Assist in developing project budgets or preliminary and detailed designs, costs estimations to implement civil, structural, electrical, mechanical or special systems within the projects (including project schedules).
- Prepare & Assemble project documentation for construction procurement actions.
- Assist in maintaining technical and administrative records for construction projects, compiling and managing records and reports, when required.
- Operate computer-aided Engineering, surveying, and design software packages and equipment, to perform Engineering tasks.
- Assist in managing Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures for construction projects.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS:
- Prepare Plans, BOQs, specifications for any construction project.
- Prepare the Auto CAD drawings, specifications and tender documents for construction works.
- Assist in tendering, evaluation and contract documentation as and when required
- Site visit to newly planned projects to prepare plans and BOQs for construction work.
- Verify the bills at the sites to ensure that amounts claimed for the quantities of work done are correct and as per the “As Built” at the sites.
- Assist in overseeing the execution of the works from project commencement through to completion;
- Monitor closely the construction progress to ensure it is proceeding in accordance with the approved work programme.
- Execute any technical tasks requested by the CM, including, but not limited to measurement, taking samples of materials etc;
- If required, oversee the execution of any work required during the defect’s liability period.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Diploma of Associate Engineering (Civil). A university degree in civil engineering is desirable.
- At least five years of relevant post-qualification civil engineering experience, including;
- Previous work experience in warehouse construction, multi-storey buildings, maintenance and security upgrades.
- Project planning, budgeting and contracting.
- Work experience in multi roles with multinational firms as representative from a contractor, consultant and client side.
- Experience in health and safety and Quality Assurance / Control.
- Experience of working in difficult security environments.
- Fluency (level C) in English and Urdu language.