Role and responsibilities
- The purpose of a Logistics Coordinator Position is to provide leadership and technical guidance in procurement and logistics processes and assuring value for money by upholding transparency and stewardship of financial and material resources while procuring goods and services at the Area Field level. This is a delegated responsibility.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of logistics team
- Provide guidance on anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting and internal control systems and maintenance of records in the area office
- Responsible for contract follow-up and agreements with suppliers at area level and identify areas of improvement including pre-qualified suppliers
- Responsible for keeping up procurement lead times within required limits at the area.
- Supervise and build capacity of the logistics team in the area
- Address poor performance and misconduct of its supervisees as per NRC standards.
- Prepare monthly reports on all logistics activities and share with the country office and area management.
- Ensure that NRC’s system for stores and warehouse management are in place for dispatching items within the area office and to the field offices
- Control and follow up on system for random check/inventory of stores
- Ensure that ICT policies are understood and followed by staff at area level.
- Ensure that ICT systems are fully functional in the support of program activities in the area.
- Ensure that all NRC properties and assets in the area office are managed properly
- ‘Support the country office to provide timely data required in the implementation of Audit activities
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Logistics colleagues
- Project teams
Scale and scope of position
- Numbers and titles of staff directly managed by the post holder, and numbers of staff and daily workers/incentive staff responsible for overall in the unit (e.g. 3 Log officers and assistants)
- Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)
- List of budgets covered by post holder, and size of budget
- Brief description of the information resources the post holder is responsible for at CO level (e.g. GORS, Agresso, Webcruiter, Intranet)
Legal or compliance:
- Brief description of any legal or compliance responsibility the post holder has (term of employment, vendors, donors)
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience of working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan
- Knowledge of the local language