FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
- Support countries Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) programs to efficiently and effectively complete treatment requirements for all communities endemic for lymphatic filariasis (LF) and onchocerciasis (oncho) and then verify and document success for disease elimination as a public health problem via the World Health Organization (WHO) dossier process.
- Assist countries NTD programs to meet WHO requirements for verifying the elimination of transmission of Onchocerciasis, including support for dossier development and submission.
- Provide technical support to ensure that treatment plans/mass drug administration (MDA) and disease specific assessments (DSA) are planned and executed per WHO guidelines and best practices.
- Provide technical support for a sound and timely execution of MDAs and DSAs.
- Assist countries NTD programs in the execution of periodical Programs Quality Improvements (PQI) to increase project effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with FHI360 in the conceptualization and implementation of policies that enable the “mainstreaming” of NTDs programs into the national health system.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to processes.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Represents the organization and/or Institute to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that is less routine and more unusual.
- 11+ years of experience in the implementation of NTD programs with emphasis on LF and oncho.
- Considered an expert in LF and oncho elimination.
- Informed of current program developments in NTDs surveillance.
- Familiar with donor/client funded programs and corresponding regulations and communication styles.
- Written and published materials related to technical area e.g., journal articles, job aids, training curricula, and other tools.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or Portuguese is a plus
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Public Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development or Related Field; PhD preferred. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.