Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group (WBG) provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Career Development and Talent Mobility Manager will provide leadership in the design, implementation and continuous improvement of programs to support the career development and mobilization of staff and leaders to meet business needs! You will lead the unit responsible for providing integrated frameworks for conducting talent reviews, mobilizing staff to required roles, enabling succession management to identify, develop and deploy leaders and providing career/experience maps and advice to clarify roles and expectations at each level.
The position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director, Performance, Careers and Learning in the HRD Vice Presidency.
- As a member of the HR management team, contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategy with focus on the development and implementation of innovative solutions and best practice talent management approaches, processes and tools that proactively build and maintain qualified and engaged workforce!
- Design, lead, monitor, evaluate and continuously improve career development, talent management, succession planning and staff mobility programs. Guide the development and implementation of relevant policies, guidelines, metrics and systems; monitor, evaluate and report on initiative’s investment and assess efficiency, effectiveness, and impact.
- Provide support and tools for career conversations, guidance, and transition support.
- In collaboration with Client Services Department and relevant stakeholders across the WBG, lead the change and successful adoption of solutions by the business units.
- Sustain a high performing team over time through effective people management; ensure that HR resources are deployed strategically, and HR staff's careers are handled proactively.
- Mobilize and run financial resources in compliance with Bank policies
- Advanced degree in relevant field (e.g., human resource management, organizational development, business administration or related discipline) and at least 12 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience in successfully translating business and HR strategies into the design and implementation of programs in the position's areas of responsibility
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of people management skills in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to get results
- Demonstrated client focus and aim for results; persuasive and effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage a multitude of stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity and deal with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Passion, drive and dedication to the World Bank Group's mission and development agenda, ability to inspire others
- Demonstrated leadership values and exemplification of WBG managerial and core competencies, as referenced below.