PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Manager, Mobility Management (Manager III) role is responsible for managing and maintaining global IT processes and standards relevant to their area. They manage one or more IT processes within one functional area and provide services to one or more global field office locations.
- The Manager, Mobility Management will report to the Director, Mobility Device Management and will manage a team of Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators.
- Provide guidance and direction into design, configuration, data management, reporting, O&M support and best practices for leveraging IBM BigFix, IBM MaaS360, QRadar and McAfee EPO in a globally federated organization.
- Own the mobility service roadmap development and strategy, process development and service design.
- Participate in systems engineering activities which include one or more of the following: Concept of Operations formulation, requirements definition, system analysis and design, validation and verification, system integration and, system performance analysis.
- Provide operational troubleshooting support and assist with complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Define, develop, and implement ITIL process and governance structure across the service lifecycle including incident, problem and change management structure, processes in the delivery unit.
- Establish policies, standards and plans based on industry standard methodologies viz ITIL, CMMI and ISO20000.
- Prepare periodic service management reports both for SLA compliance and efficiency improvement.
- Plan for installation, configuration, testing and maintenance operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Manage the development and maintenance of custom scripts (e.g., Python) to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Embraces and executes change through frequent, communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Consistently advocates for the change.
- Coaches staff through the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
Governance: Provides input into demand management process and executes on plan.
- Provides input to technology planning within a functional area.
- Implements solutions consistent within current context of overall architecture.
Process Improvements: Implements defined process improvements.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development: Develops and implements technologies to improve the performance of a business efficiency and effectiveness.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven working experience in service delivery of mobility products (IBM BigFix, IBM MaaS360, QRadar and McAfee EPO).
- Solid cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef).
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of relevant IT and business work experience.
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver a single IT project on time and within budget.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to deal with multiple vendors and stakeholders within the organization.
- Must have worked in large enterprise class type environments, be in line with industry best practices, think outside the box, and be able to make recommendations to improve overall governance and support continuous improvement.
- IBM BigFix
- IBM MaaS360
- IBM QRadar
- McAfee EPO