Manager, Knowledge Management and Capability
World Vision, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manages knowledge and the community of practice, as well as a robust external reference group, for the health and nutrition sector. Curates, archives and disseminates technical literature and programme information for the Global Centre technical team and COP; develops and maintains communication platforms and protocols; supports sector staff professional development and competency building; identifies and communicates learning opportunities. In conjunction with the GKM team, establishes knowledge management systems and processes to ensure cross Partnership learning and development and world-class implementation of selected sector interventions or project models.
Set Strategic Priorities:
- Create, implement, and nurture the sector KM strategy.
- Develop, nurture, and grow the sector CoP considering the interests of technical team and GKM requiremements; membership is comprehensive of WV stakeholders and external partners.
- Ensures all KM and CoP activities are strategically focused on supporting the Partnership and Sector initiatives, objectives, and priorities.
- Link to other sector CoPs for joint learning and collaboration.
- Enables the CoP to be a vehicle for sharing information and best practices, facilitating input into sector technical resources, identifying research priorities, identifying capacity building needs, building an evidence base for WV’s sector investments.
- Develops a culture of collaboration and sharing among the stakeholders.
- Pro-actively identifies emerging practices, best practices, and innovations (collectively – “assets”) and shares same across the Partnership.
- Assists the CoP in the identification of programmatic subject matter experts.
- Establishes an effective routine of conducting lessons learned sessions through multiple communications platforms.
- Promotes a vibrant Community of Practice that meets on a regular basis and works together effectively across entities and geographies on issues that are relevant to the Partnership strategy.
- Enables learning and development activities for the CoP members to reduce the time to competency, increase cost savings and efficiencies, and encourages professional/competency development.
- Establish knowledge management systems and processes to ensure cross Partnership learning.
- Coordinate/lead development of communications materials for internal and external narrative of sector effectiveness and learning.
- Develop the sector’s information management system (within wvcentral and wvi.org) to provide access to programme and project tools and best practice guidance.
- Develop requirements and manage all Sector KM/CoP web-based information tools including team websites, taxonomies, digital library, CoP social Networking systems and email listservs; represent sector on Partnership Working and Advisory groups tasked with global tools development. (wvcentral and wvi.org, GKM Business Team).
- Engage our external peer partners in knowledge sharing and collaboration on our sector strategies.
- Cultivate and maintain a vibrant external reference group.
- Represent WV among other NGO Knowledge Management Specialists to build collaborative relationships, keep abreast of trends, and promote WV’s better practices in its KM work.
- Support WV engagement in prioritized external events.
- Member of the GKM KM/CoP advisory committee.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and daily devotional meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in sector or other related field.
- Knowledge Management training.
- Excellent document editing, formatting and publication skills.
- Contemporary and progressive ICT skills.
- Experience in developing and using competency frameworks for technical staff.
- Webinar development and facilitation.
- Knowledge Management training / and or experience.
- Experience in staff management / capability development and research.
- Experience in formation and nurturing of virtual communities of practices, networks, etc.
- Experience in dealing with faith related issues in development.
- Facilitation skills.
- Website and publication design.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Masters in Public Health.
- Knowledge Management and COP facilitation.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.