Manager of Leadership Giving and Donor Relations
Partners in Health, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Manager of Leadership Giving and Donor Relations manages a team responsible for providing high-quality support to leadership and annual giving donors and prospects. The Manager upholds and executes a comprehensive strategy for the Leadership Giving team who work with donors making annual mid-level gifts between $1,000 and $10,000 cumulatively. This strategy focuses on the effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship these 7,500+ constituents with the aim of growing and retaining these donors and identifying top-tiered prospects that have the potential to make major or principal gifts. The Manager oversees the Leadership Giving Associate Development Officer and the Annual Giving Coordinators, who provide broader donor support including any and all incoming inquiries from donors and prospects via our general info account, website chat, and donor support phone line. The Manager partners closely with the prospect research, digital engagement, stewardship, major and principal gifts and planned giving teams to coordinate efforts in planning fundraising strategy for these donors. The Manager will also work collaboratively within the Development Department, and with several other PIH teams, including Marketing/Communications (MarComs) and Finance.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive leadership giving donor strategy to help identify, nurture and solicit this group of donors, enhancing retention, growing revenue and improving donor advancement.
- Supervises the Donor Support team and partners with Annual Giving and MarComs to ensure that the donor relations program is providing high-quality responses to donor inquiries and requests.
- Supervises and manages the Associate Development Officer and Annual Giving Coordinators.
- Provides oversight for the Leadership Giving Society (LGS) across development; develops and implements a tracking and assessment process for the members, which will help ensure optimal use of the budget and highest ROI.
- Designs and develops an effective and personalized communications strategy specifically for the LGS program, utilizing and integrating stewardship activities.
- Works closely with the prospect management and research team to help identify prospects that indicate the potential for making a major or principal gift.
- Develops and implements strategy to identify and upgrade donors who have made previous gifts less than $1,000 but have the potential to make a larger gift.
- Using data from Raiser’s Edge and Target Analytics, creates reports to help identify trends and inform strategy for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, with 5+ years professional experience; a minimum of 3 years working in the nonprofit fundraising or related field.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through on projects and policies
- Experience developing and executing fundraising strategies, timelines, plans, logistics, and projects
- Proven capabilities in donor communication, including the ability to successfully solicit gifts and expand overall donor giving.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; demonstrated cultural competency and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders locally and in low-income countries.
- Applied experience in research and data analysis.
- Solid computer and database skills including Microsoft Office, intermediate to advanced skills in Excel preferred
- Strong capacity and experience in Raiser's Edge.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, including international travel to remote or hard to access locations with limited infrastructure.
- Creativity, problem-solving skills, and the ability to adjust direction and strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members in designing and implementing donor strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in social justice and dedication to PIH mission.