MATERNAL HEALTH OFFICER - (OPEN TO FILIPINO NATIONALS ONLY)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Thematic Area Leadership & Strategic Planning
- Provides inputs in defining the country office strategic focus on Maternal Health with a special focus on Family Planning;
- Provides inputs to the development and drafting of the country office strategic and annual plans on Maternal Health/Family Planning, to include the UN Joint Programme on Maternal and Neonatal Health (JPMNH);
- Participates in global and regional UNFPA discussions on Maternal Health/Family Planning, to ensure that country office priorities are aligned with global or regional strategies (and vice versa).
Program Quality Assurance and Technical Support
- Serves as the lead technical resource in state-of-the-art Maternal Health/Family Planning programming, ensuring that Country Office programs are aligned with globally accepted standards;
- Provides technical support to ongoing Maternal Health/Family Planning projects/programs especially the JPMNH, in close coordination with the Programme, Field, and Humanitarian Teams;
- Coordinates with colleagues in the Programme Team in the integration of Maternal Health/Family Planning programming with other thematic areas such as Population and Development, HIV, Gender and Humanitarian Response;
- Coordinates closely with counterpart UNFPA Maternal Health/Family Planning staff at the regional and HQ levels;
- Regularly reviews and analyzes the budget assigned to the Maternal Health/Family Planning thematic areas, especially the JPMNH.
Networking, Partnership & Advocacy
- Assists in resource mobilization activities and in the preparation of concept papers or project proposals for Maternal Health/Family Planning;
- Represents the Country Office in UN Joint Programmes, networks, meetings, forums and working groups on Maternal Health/Family Planning;
- Establishes and maintains active working relationships with key national partners working on Maternal Health/Family Planning such as Government, UN Agencies, NGOs/Civil Society Organizations, and Donors/Funders.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination with the M&E Team, contributes in the designing of results frameworks and indicators for Maternal Health/Family Planning;
- Analyzes Maternal Health/Family Planning indicators and generates recommendations intended for continuous program improvement;
- Leads in the drafting of reports and documentation of good practices.
- Assumes other tasks as deemed necessary by the National Programme Officer for Reproductive Health and/or the Country Representative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or any Health or Social Science-related field of study. Masters degree would be an advantage.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in Maternal Health/Family Planning -related work;
- Proficient in current office software applications; and
- Familiar with the UN system will be a strong asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English, and the national language, are essential.
- Women and people from Indigenous groups are strongly encouraged to apply.