CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
CTG is looking to hire for multiple positions stated below for our upcoming projects with our clients in country, the different TOR's for these roles are stated below.
Community Development Officer:
- Obtains & analyses information & documentation on international, national, regional, district & local level priorities for reconstruction & development & ensures that regional project planning, progress & impact reflect the objectives outlined.
- Through close cooperation with relevant personnel, partner agencies & through networking activities, builds / strengthens relationships with concerned govt., agency & local stakeholders & ensures their participation in all planning, monitoring & reporting of the projects.
- Through working alongside concerned government structures, ministries & representatives, helps to build capacity of govt. & community structures, so as to enable them to participate effectively in project planning, monitoring & reporting.
- Based on an understanding of govt., regional & local priorities promote ways of improving monitoring, reporting & planning for sustainable community impact & ensure that all relevant stakeholders, including donors are involved & kept informed, as related to the ongoing project.
- Through close coordination with national community development groups & personnel at the regional & local level, promote the collection of qualitative & quantitative information reflecting the impact of the project on the lives of individuals & entire communities in a holistic,
- developmental way.
- Assists with the integration of communities, their needs & input into the planning & implementation of the projects.
- Increases the capacity of local communities, including community development groups, to organize, plan & develop their communities beyond the construction & maintenance of internal structures.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Community Development Manager, as related to the successful implementation & completion of the project.
Required competencies & knowledge:
- Knowledge of & experience with rural community involvement, grass root level development in developing countries for the purpose of community based development.
- Previous experience in developing countries with similar conditions to those in the countries of service under consideration will be an advantage.
- CDO is required to work in field conditions in areas where the risk level could be high to extreme therefore it is necessary that CDO has reasonable experience in such conditions.
- Previous experience with the UN would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to develop & maintain excellent contacts & working relationships with senior govt. officials, private sector organizations, donors & other UN agencies.
- Knowledge of capacity development requirements for vertical & horizontal construction projects in areas where community participation & approval is essential & where security may be a significant issue.
- Willingness to travel throughout the country of service.
- Ability to mentor national personnel & community leaders in post conflict development strategies.
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- Masters Degree or equivalent in International Relations or Community Development, additional years of relevant work experience in combination with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for the requirement for a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of community development experience.
- Solid experience of working in similar projects in developing countries.
- Sound strategic planning and project cycle management experience.
- Good experience in design of M&E mechanisms for reflecting impact in a holistic, development, community focused way.
- Demonstrated experience in mobilization of funds from donors.
- Excellent written & spoken English.
- Previous experience in developing countries with similar conditions to those in countries of service under consideration will be an advantage.
- M&E Officer:
- QA checks for the procurement of tools used for public works.
- Verification of the process of identifying workers for labour intensive programs implemented by local municipalities.
- Monitor workers registration process by the municipalities.
- Monitor & QA spot checks during the public works on project sites.
- Monitor attendance of workers in accordance with the approved list of beneficiaries & check on the attendance list maintained by municipalities.
- Verification of payment list in accordance with the approved list of beneficiaries.
- Monitor of payments sites administered by the municipalities & agreed payment procedures based on the agreed payment schedule.
- Monthly monitoring reports (work progress, QA, payments, attendance).
- Based on the procurement plan prepare & discuss with the project partners a monitoring plan.
- Conduct regular checks & apply QA measures during the work of the contracted communities on the infrastructure project sites.
- Monitor time management of the infrastructure projects as compared to the work plan & project scheduling agreed with the contracted communities.
- Monitor infrastructure project cost management.
- Monitor infrastructure project QA procedures applied by the contracted communities & report back on the quality of works.
- Establish infrastructure project risk management plan & the system of early warning system on possible mismanagement by contracted communities.
- Monitor involvement of the municipalities in the procurement at the stages when their inputs are required (BOQ, technical designs & specifications, etc.).
- Certify completion of works in conformity with initial specifications.
- Report on safety in the workplace provided by contracted communities on the infrastructure projects sites.
- Verification of the identification process of the beneficiaries preselected by local authorities for small grants support in accordance with the agreed criteria.
- Prepare & submit a verification report on the beneficiaries’ selection process.
- Monitor the process of beneficiaries’ enrolment for the training provided by vocational training centres & their training activities.
- Monitor the process of the business plans & application evaluation & the final selection of the beneficiaries of the small grants assistance.
- Prepare & submit monitoring report on the selection process.
- Monitor vocational training activities & report on quality of services provided by the contracted firms & Trainers.
- Prepare & submit to a monitoring report on vocational training.
- Monitor delivery of the mobile vocational training units & tool kits & certify on the handover & quality of goods delivered.
- Monitor distribution of small grants & tool kits to the beneficiaries.
- Monitor the small business projects during their implementation & report on the status of implementation.
- Monitor and verify the payment of the grants by the beneficiaries in accordance with the terms and conditions of repayment.
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- Master’s Degree or in Public Administration, Community Development, Statistics, Social or Development related studies, additional years of relevant work experience in combination with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for the requirement for a Master’s Degree.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the area of monitoring, assessment, reporting, policy analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving.
- Fluency in spoken & written English.
- Ability to work with a wide cross section of partners including govt, NGOs, communities, media & international donors.
- Knowledge of & complete comfort with computer applications is essential (including organization of public presentations in PPT).
- Data Collection Officer:
- Collect data using a supplied PDA, or other means & upload data through the mobile command centre hub.
- Interview (through a Translator, if necessary) villagers, citizens, govt. officials & para military personnel of the disaster affected area & populate the PDA, or other reports, with obtained information.
- Evaluate inputs as they are being provided by the people & follow up with relevant questions to obtain an appropriate response.
- Identify risks, opportunities, hazards & any other information which would be useful for the disaster command centre to be able to make informed decisions. The focus must be on risks to the affected communities.
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- Maintain & operate a motor bike or quad bike in cross country terrain.
- Operate independently & navigate in unfamiliar terrain in all weather conditions in remote locations.
- Hold a current motor bike license.
- Ability to operate a PDA & the internet systems to upload data.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in working with groups & the public.
- Proven ability to operate independently & without supervision in hostile environments.
- Good operational leadership experience in stressful & demanding situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of mechanics & ability to operate a motor bike on all terrains.
- Fluency in written & oral English.
- Ability to address publicly small & large groups of people.
- Ability to adapt to varying conditions.
- Knowledge & experience in use of emergency info systems.
- Experience in survey work & data collection is a definite advantage.
- Sound planning & organizational skills to deploy to the field over an extended number of days.
- Operate a digital camera & capture relevant photographs that demonstrate the extent of problems, issues & / or damage.
- Operate a backpack Codan HF & VHF radios to maintain communications with the mobile hub & command centre.
- Participate in (or lead, if necessary) data collection efforts in country to gather demographic data on vulnerable groups, needs & actions & appropriate interventions.
- Design instruments & approaches for routine service data collection during humanitarian response so as to furnish process data for M&E.
- Design instruments for use in estimating the nature & quantities of immediate supply & human resource needs.
- Identify knowledge gaps & lessons learned to promote knowledge sharing for improved programming.
- Mobilize resources for data collection & analysis in humanitarian & recovery situations.
- When applicable, estimate number, composition & location of displaced populations through the use of rapid assessments & flow monitoring.
- Conduct multisectoral rapid assessments for immediate, short term needs in such areas as RH, RHCS, gender, GBV & other areas
- Provide data / census information (if available) to Humanitarian Information Centres (HICS).
- Share surveys / data regularly with in country partners.
- Work closely with relevant govt. counterparts.
- If appropriate, conduct multi sectoral household surveys.
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Political or Social Science, Demography, Statistics or other relevant field (or the equivalent combination of education & experience in a related area).
- Progressively responsible professional experience in the fields of demography & statistics or population & development.
- Experience in areas of health surveys & / or rapid assessment / surveys of displaced populations (refugees & / or IDP's).
- Strong population & relevant development background with experience working with govt. ministries & / or humanitarian relief agencies.
- Demonstrated analytical & reporting skills.
These roles report to their immediate supervisors.
Education: As stated above in the role objectives for each role.
Experience: As stated above in the role objectives for each role.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in language spoken in country.