Media and Communications Assistant
International Organization for Migration, Costa Rica
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the overall supervision by Regional Director for Central and North American and the Caribbean, direct supervision of the Regional Media and Communications Officer, the Media and Communications Assistant will support the implementation of the communications strategy of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for Central, North America and the Caribbean. The Media and Communications Assistant is responsible for developing, editing, updating and publishing content in the different media of the Regional Communications Unit in San José, Costa Rica.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Media and Communications Officer in San Jose, the incumbent will be based in San Jose and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the production of contents for the regional communications strategy.
- Advise the country missions in the production of contents.
- Coordinate the implementation of IOM's global communication campaigns with the communication focal points of the country missions.
- Manage social media accounts of the Regional Office in San José.
- Review social media indicators and define the appropriate strategies to improve them.
- Manage and update the contents of the regional office website.
- Manage, update and edit the contents of the regional blog "On the Move".
- Prepare and send newsletter with IOM's press notes in Spanish.
- Support the Regional Media and Communications Officer in the design and implementation of external and internal communication campaigns.
- Writing and producing stories of migrants to publish in different media.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University studies in Communications or similar field in an accredited institution with at least 3 years of relevant work experience or;
- High school degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Additional studies in Political Science are a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in the production of digital content, development of campaigns of institutional communication and management of social media.
- Experience with UN agencies or other international organizations is an advantage.
- Writing skills for a variety of products: talking point, op-eds, blogs, press, notes,scripts, etc.
- Knowledge of programs such as Mailchimp, Drupal (for website management), Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud (desirable).
- Multi-tasker and good coordinator.
- Great eye for details in audiovisual products, from videos to editorial design.
- (specify the required knowledge)