Medical Technologist (Lab) with the Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Research Group under the Centre for HIV and AIDS
icddr,b, Dhaka and CHIV field site, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- Sample storage and record keeping: Receive samples from the field staff to store samples in the laboratory; Keep record of available stored samples as per laboratory standard operations procedures; Store samples properly and preserve maintaining cold chain for research in order to organize and preserve samples properly;
- Performing routine tests: Under the guidance of the supervisor, perform HIV rapid test; Collect serological sample from study participants at field sites; Produce test report maintaining confidentiality; Provide test results to HIV Counseling Officer; Carry sample from the field sites to the laboratory maintaining cold chain and store properly in the virology lab; Undertake field visit as per schedule prepared by supervisor; Monitor and track consumption of lab resources; Perform research based assigned duties as per direction from supervisor; Maintain appropriate bio-safety measures in the assigned laboratory during testing in order to ensure quality lab test;
- Laboratory support service: Prepare list of requisition for stock/non-stock laboratory reagent and consumable to support laboratory coordination officer; Dispatch reports to the field prepared by the supervisor and maintain strict confidentiality in this regard in order to ensure adequate coordination within the Lab.
Education and Relevant Experience:
- 3 years Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology;
- Minimum 2 years of laboratory work experience with molecular biology and laboratory routine works.
Functional Competencies: Knowledge of
- Laboratory Equipments Usage and Testing Methods;
- Ethical Guidelines;
- Specimen Collection and Handling Guidelines and Techniques;
- Waste Management Requirements;
- Biohazards, Bio-security and Bio-safety Requirements;
- Quality Assurance Standards;
- Laboratory IT Systems;
- Inventory Management Guidelines and Tools;
- Budgeting and Tracking Mechanisms.
- Can maintain collegiality in the work place;
- Can foster partnerships;
- Able to communicate effectively;
- Must have innovative thinking skill;
- Able to execute for results;
- Able to adopt with continuous learning.
- icddr,b is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. All the tests and interview will be held in Dhaka.
- Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: https://centre.icddrb.org/recruitment/jobList.jsp by 10 January 2015. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.