About the Organization:
Mentor Together provides empowering one-to-one mentoring relationships that help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds break the inequality of opportunity. Mentor Together is India’s first and largest youth mentoring organization with a mission to facilitate empowering mentoring relationships and networks that help young people break the inequalities of opportunity and actualise their potential.
Position: Mentee Manager, Mentor To Go (Bangalore, Hyderabad, Or Mumbai)
The Mentee Manager drives key processes of the mentoring pre-match and post-match journey in a program. They work with stakeholders across the mentoring journey – government partners, educational institutions, mentees, and mentoring pairs/groups. They own the creation of key operational processes. And ensure that our internal team are trained and achieve quality execution of these processes.
Manage a designated number of government and educational/NGO mentee partner relationships
- Manage the relationship with nodal Government partners & educational/NGO partners
- Work with partners in creating and successfully executing mentee outreach campaigns through webinars, emailer campaigns
- Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for designated partners
- Help mentee partners meet program excellence goals – standards set for number of successful mentor applications per partner
Support and select mentee applicants through to successful mentorship
- Follow-up with designated mentee applicants during their pre-eligibility processes
- Interview mentees and clarify program questions (these could range from a 150-200 mentees in a program year)
- Achieve program excellence goals in overall mentee support and successful conversion to mentorship
Support mentorship pairs & groups
- Support a designated number of mentorship pairs and groups in successfully completing their mentorship (ranges from 100 – 150 in a cycle)
- Achieve program excellence goals of maintaining early terminations of mentorships to under 20% and achieving the desired net promoter score from pairs managed
- Update qualitative and quantitative records for pairs, record stories of impact
Curate and match mentees to work experience opportunities
- Curate upto 50 work experience opportunities for mentees from amongst the mentor and larger corporate network
Standard Operating Process ownership
- Prepare the standard operating procedure (SOP) for designated processes of the operational plan. Ensure it meets or is updated to any standards of effective mentoring practices, is clear and descriptive as a how-to for each step, is formatted to be easily understood, and is grammatically correct
- Train in an ongoing way team members assigned to this process on using the SOP prepared, to do all steps of the SOP. This includes modes of demos, live training, and shadowing
- Review & report in a periodical manner on the quality of implementation of the SOP. Deliver retraining to team members where necessary Overall ensure through the quality implementation of the process that individual goals set for that process are achieved
- Overall 4-6 years of relevant social sector experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Program Management. Experience executing programs that work with youth using technology will be preferred.