World Health Organization, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with member State's health and development agendas and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Collect, sort and deliver mail, from and to Registry and various offices at regular intervals. Keep records as required. Operate photocopying machines;
- Open and close the assigned premises and maintains custody of keys. Ensure proper security of rooms content in assigned premises, respond to emergencies affecting the safety of the premises and notify supervisor;
- Check that all office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc., are turned off after working hours;
- Control admissions of authorized personnel and movements of WHO property into and out of the premises;
- Monitor the overall cleanliness of assigned premises including washrooms and coordinates with the floor cleaning personnel appropriate action;
- Keep watch over the premises, patrol and maintain security of the office and grounds, including overnight guard duties, and report any irregularities;
- Perform a variety of unskilled tasks as a helper and other work-related duties as required.
- Essential: Completion of primary education.
- Essential: At least one year of experience in an office environment with similar duties.
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with staff and visitors
- Ability to sustain good working relations with colleagues
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Beginners knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EGP 99,630 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.