Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
FHI 360, Pemba, Mozambique
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the responsibility of the Response Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator is responsible for establishing a strong M&E system for the FHI 360 Humanitarian Program in Mozambique. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator is responsible for establishing a strong FHI 360 Humanitarian Program M&E system in Mozambique, which will design and use an electronic database using MS Access to capture program data and produce reports. relevant for internal and external purposes; ensure data quality using different data quality assurance mechanisms, document all files related to M&E, and assist all FHI 360 technical teams in establishing their respective appropriate documentation systems.
- Design and implement participatory, results-based M&E systems that will generate timely information and observations to programming and management teams.
- Coordinate and supervise the development and maintenance of appropriate databases to accurately track data collected from various interventions throughout program activities. Ensure the maintenance of backup and data recovery systems; prepare a program database that can be used both internally and externally.
- Establish a secure database that captures all agreed indicators, targets and progress against each project objective.
- Conduct, manage and administer baseline surveys, review seminars and any other regular needs assessment, which will continuously provide the latest information and developments.
- Advise and guide staff on M&E issues for better implementation and sharing of best practices; provide technical leadership for all project M&E activities. In particular, support field assistants based at the project sites to more regularly monitor objectives and progress.
- Prepare monitoring checklists and guidelines for measuring performance and tracking progress.
- Lead the development of the annual M&A project/plan, consistent with the annual work plan.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare reports, design, supervise and/or conduct special studies and surveys; design and implement project-led operations research.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and supervise project implementation, identify bottlenecks and success stories.
- Regularly collect different reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) from operational/field sites, check the coherence between the narrative part and the quantitative part, compile the quantitative part and make the data entry in the Program database.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- Ensure that M&E data is incorporated into program planning and review processes; oversee data collection to ensure high quality results for donor learning and reporting.
- Strengthen the FHI 360 program's M&E documentation system centrally, documenting all M&E documents in the country office.
- Perform any other roles assigned by the supervisor.
- 9 to 11 years of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Degree or equivalent experience in statistics.
- Highly familiar with different statistical software packages (SPSS, STATA, Epi-info, and R).
- Practical experience in Microsoft applications.
- Solid understanding of Project Cycle Management.
- Good understanding of gender mainstreaming.
- Experience in designing and/or implementing data collection and data management systems.
- Analysis demonstrated with information analysis and reporting.
- Experience with methods of collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative M&E data, including tracking outcome indicators and conducting program evaluations using a mixed method.
- Good understanding of the UN Cluster System; international and national minimum standards for services in humanitarian contexts.
- Fluent in Portuguese and good skills to communicate in English.