Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
United Nations Volunteers, Barbados
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
The UNV M&E Specialist will work in close collaboration with the M&E Specialist (P3) and M&E Officer (NOB) and will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to Programme Sections ensuring that the M&E interventions are integrated, monitored, and implemented in a timely fashion. In addition, the UNV M&E Specialist will support the development of multi-country programme document,
mid- and end-year reporting, regular programme monitoring and evaluation exercises, and strategic advocacy through developing research or advocacy tools as needed by Programme Sections. In particular, the UNV M&E Specialist will support the UNICEF Eastern Caribbean Area Office contribute towards the timely, relevant, reliable and strategic information on:
- the situation of children, adolescents, youth and women, with a focus on inequities; and,
- the performance of UNICEF-supported programmes including their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability, and in emergency contexts, their coverage, coordination and coherence.
- To that end the expert will need to consolidate important collaborations, among others:
- with the UN country team to support UNCT goals for delivering valid and reliable information on the attainment of the SDGs and other goals, and on the performance of UN-supported programmes.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Planning and Development, or other relevant disciplines.
Required experience: 36 Months
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within an international organization, NGO and/or government environment in Monitoring and Evaluation and Data analysis.
- Professional experience in data analysis with specific reference to adolescents and children.
- Ability to organize and facilitate training aimed at building the capacity of colleagues and partners.
- Knowledge of key international standards and guidelines related to child monitoring and evaluation, including knowledge of the institutions of the UN system.
- Experience working in emergency or migration context is highly desirable.
- Proficient management and coordination skills.
- Ability to translate technical language into compelling text for the purpose of advocacy.
- Good team player and communication skills. Upon appointment, the focal point will undergo organization-specific training on PSEA, as soon as feasible.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent