Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
World Health Organization, Kathmandu, Nepal
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of Assigned Duties:
The M & E Officer will be placed within Epidemiology and Diseases Control Division (EDCD), and under the guidance of EDCD Director, Team Lead CDS, WHO and National Professional Officer will perform the following:
- Work very closely with the vector borne disease control unit, EDCD and assist in monitoring and surveillance of kala-azar elimination programme, leprosy control program, malaria control program and other NTD/VBDs.
- Collect and collate epidemiology data from all national sources and conduct review and analysis of these data.
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly updates and reports for NTD/VBDs.
- Undertake frequent monitoring visits to districts and provide support in recording & reporting, data management and surveillance etc.
- Support the national KA elimination programme in verifying new foci of KA, including support in outbreak investigation of KA as necessary.
- Monitor the logistics in relation to kala-azar elimination programme, and leprosy control program assisting the central, provincial and local officials to develop and maintain a detailed inventory on drugs, diagnostics and other materials for regular monitoring and feedback.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the national, provincial and local level health unit for NTD/VBD control and elimination.
- Perform any other task related to monitoring and review of the NTD/VBDs programme.
- Any other functions assigned by the supervisors.
Essential: Master’s in public health (MPH)
Desirable: Additional training in communicable disease surveillance, monitoring and evaluation.
- At least two years’ experience in public health disease monitoring, evaluation and surveillance.
- Experience in data management and GIS mapping.
- Experience working in the National NTD/VBDs disease surveillance and M&E system.
- Previous experience of conducting desk review research, report writing and supporting field operational research.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate options, decide, prioritize and execute and multi-task under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking and good judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively work with government, development partners/donors and collaborating agencies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to write in a clear and concise manner and give technical advice and guidance taking into consideration the views of multiple stakeholders and partners in resource-limited contexts.
- Proven ability to promote consensus, communicate progress and results and solve issues in a proactive manner, while ensuring effective work practices and ethics.
- Technical expertise: Overall attitude at work are also required mandatory competencies.
- Analytical skills including ability to collect and analyse technical data and information and to draw and present conclusions in written and spoken form.
- Writing skills in English, including the ability to write clear and concise progress reports, analytical reports, plans and proposals.