Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
United Nations Volunteers, Khartoum, Sudan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, the UNV is expected to perform the following duties:
- Ensure results-based monitoring is applied to the covid-19 Emergency Reponses Project through sound methodologies, tools and procedures in the context of the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan;
- Develop state Monitoring and Evaluation Calendar and conduct regular monitoring visits to the sites (facilities, institutions, beneficiaries) of covid-19 Emergency Reponses Project, document these visits using standard template and follow up on actions with responsible partners both at state and Khartoum levels;
- Provide the Country Office with quality monthly update on implementation and progress of the covid-19 Emergency Reponses Project for development of consolidated quarterly reports for submission to the Project Management Unit for decision making;
- Provide the Country Office with quality inputs for conduct of the routine reviews and meetings of the project management, steering committee and stakeholders of the covid-19 Emergency Reponses Project;
- In close collaboration with the program field staff, provide technical assistance to the project’s implementing partners in monitoring and technical and financial reporting;
- Contribute to monitoring, assessments and reviews carried out by UNFPA and partners in the state
- Contribute to implementation of the overall state M&E plan, including collecting different project data to update the UNFPA Information Management System;
- Contribute to promoting knowledge sharing, continuous learning, testing and documenting innovation strategies, approaches, lessons learning and best practices.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- Bachelor degree in medicine, public health, pharmacy, statistics, economics or other social sciences.
- At least 2 years of experience with programs implementation, monitoring and evaluation or information management systems.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge